This past year I have tried out several recipes; using cauliflower in new, exciting ways. On a recent visit home my sister suggested we make cauliflower alfredo. I was totally up for it–I have had great luck with cauliflower soup, pizza crust, and cheesy cauliflower pancakes.
This recipe was easy and it tasted great! My stomach is less happy with dairy-rich recipes these days. I have wonderful memories of my Mom frequently making homemade alfredo sauce in my youth; so this was a great way to experience the nostalgia! I am unsure of where the recipe came from–I plugged in the ingredients online & no results popped up. But I do know that the recipe is easy and delicious!
- Place cauliflower, milk, cream cheese, flour and salt in a food processor & blend until smooth.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat; saute the garlic a few seconds.
- Add the cauliflower mixture to the butter & cook, stirring constantly 3-4 minutes or until it begins to simmer. Continue to stir, cooking a few minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir & cover immediately.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I really like this sauce. The cream cheese, garlic and butter combine with the cauliflower to create a velvety, rich sauce. We used ours with noodles; but this sauce would be great over some steamed vegetables! This alfredo is flavorful and filling–I highly recommend sneaking some veggies into your family’s diet with this satisfying recipe.