I do not have a bathtub in my apartment; but I love taking baths. In the near future I will be visiting my family for a week or so; and Mom has a bathtub. So it was time for me to try my hand at making some Homemade Bath Fizzies! All of the ingredients were in my cupboard and I’ve already sacrificed my silicone ice cube trays for beauty projects; so I gave it a go. The most repeated advice I found on making these was to not over-saturate them with water in the last step.
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/8 cup epsom salt
- 10-15 drops essential oil
- spray bottle
- water or witch hazel (6-8 sprays)
- Sift the baking soda, citric acid, corn starch, and epsom salt together.
- Add the essential oil (I used clove and peppermint) and mix together with hands.
- Spray with water (I did 7 sprays) and mix together with hands. It will have the consistency of damp sand.
- Press into molds.
- Let harden 8-12 hours (more if you used extra water.)
- Pop out and store.