My basic lip balm recipe is great; moisturizing, long-lasting, and firm… If I could go back in time I would have put it in an empty chapstick container instead of a pot-container. It takes a lot of working it with your finger to warm it up enough to spread. I checked out some more lip balm ideas online–so this time I made sure to add less beeswax and it turned out exactly like I wanted! Honey Almond Lip Balm is super moisturizing, soothing, and natural!
Honey Almond Lip Balm
- 1/4 oz beeswax
- 1/4 oz mango butter
- 1/2 oz shea butter
- 1/2 oz apricot kernel oil
- 1/8 tsp raw organic honey
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Instead of using a traditional double-boiler; I placed a (2 cup) Pyrex measuring cup in a pot that had 1-2 inches of boiling water.
- Add the beeswax (it takes the longest to melt.)
- Once the beeswax is mostly melted; add the shea butter, mango butter, and honey (just use more shea butter if you don’t have mango butter.) Stir frequently.
- Once everything is melted add the apricot kernel oil and stir; the oil will need a little time to acclimate. It is cold and the liquid is hot so it sort-of seizes for a second.
- Remove from heat and add the almond extract or essential/flavored oil; stir well.
- Transfer to chapstick containers or empty lip-gloss pots.
The lip balm sets in a couple of hours. It is moisturizing, soft, good for you, and it smells delicious.