Mehron metallic powder is phenomenal! It can be used dry for a pop of metallic shine, it can be transformed into a liquid metal look with Mehron mixing liquid, and it can be applied to your hair too! I grabbed silver & gold powder off of Amazon. The silver powder was $6/0.5 oz (14 g) and the gold powder with mixing liquid was $8.74 for .17 oz (5 g) of powder and 1 oz. of liquid. The gold is less messy than the silver because it has a small sifter. Caution should be used with any metallic powder, pigment, or glitter because there is potential for mess.
If you are unfamiliar with Mehron metallic powder, it is used on all of those gorgeous Instagram pictures where the liquid gold or silver is dripping off of the lips. It can be applied precisely with a small brush & it stays put once it dries. Dry time is very quick and it rehydrates with a little extra mixing liquid if you are still working on applying it. It comes off easily with soap & water and no additional steps need to be taken for removal.
I have been wanting to use the silver powder in an eye look for a while. I was inspired very much by the Danity Kane “Damaged” music video for this look. The girls all had several looks & I picked my favorite pieces for my look. Silver metallic eyes, blue eye shadow under the eyes, and silver glitter over thick black eyeliner… I love this look! The glitter was applied over the dry liquid liner with E.L.F. glitter primer & it stays put with very minimal fallout. I used the Makeup Geek foiled eye shadows in Whimsical & Pegasus as a gorgeous, cool-toned cheek highlight. I went all out for the lips, using gray/silver eyeliner as a lip liner and filling in with a creamy nude lipstick. Makeup should be fun & this look is so fun! The best part is, it removes easily with a makeup remover wipe or soap/water. Because glitter glue is used, you are not left with glitter all over your face, hair & clothes.
Liquid Silver Eyes:
- ABH Dipbrow in Ash Brown
- E.L.F. Mineral Primer in Clear
- Cover Fx in G40
- Coastal Scents in Light
- Silk Naturals in Splendid
- Physicians Formula Nude Wear Glowing Nude Blush in Natural
- Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base
- (Crease:) Coastal Scents Oatmeal Tan & Makeup Geek Blush in Summer Fling
- (Lid:) Mehron Metallic Powder in Silver ($6 for .5 oz/14g on Amazon) & Mehron Mixing Liquid
- (Brow Highlight:) Makeup Geek I’m Peachless
- (Upper Liner:) Urban Decay 24/7 WP Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion
- E.L.F. Glitter Primer
- Beauty Treats Glamour Glitter in Silver ($8 for a set of 6 on Amazon, .08 oz each)
- (Liner under the eye:) Makeup Geek Pegasus
- Makeup Geek Whimsical & Pegasus
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Liner in Moonspoon
- ColourPop Creme Gel Liner in Kicker
- Coastal Scents lipstick in 07
- Benefit Ultra Shine gloss in Life on the A-List
My very chapped lips stayed hydrated with the creamy Coastal Scents lipstick & the non-sticky Benefit gloss. I was so happy to use my favorite Makeup Geek products. Summer Fling blush is a wonderful, warm-toned orange shade. People go crazy for the Morphe orange palette (I do not own) but, honestly, all you need is Summer Fling to mix with your favorite taupes, browns, and golds. You can create so many tones with this one product (on sale right now for $4.99 on Makeup Geek’s website.) I also adore the foiled & duochrome shadows. I do not know of any products that are comparable. The pigmentation, texture, application, and lasting power make them firm favorites for me.
There is never a wrong time to throw on a pop of shine, shimmer, metallic sheen or glitter. Today I just wanted to do it all at once. I hope everyone out there is feeling healthy, happy, and ready to tackle the New Year!