I am so excited about this lipstick! In a sea of 90’s dark mauve, brown, and plum matte colors–Mariah Carey’s “All I Want” MAC lipstick stands out as an adult, sophisticated champagne shimmer that is gorgeous alone or over your favorite fall shade. This is my first MAC purchase ever. I had no idea what the texture or quality would be like. “All I Want” is a frost lipstick. Do not let that turn you off! It is not like the pale pink frost you find in drugstores. It is a smooth, elegant nude shimmer that I believe will compliment most skin tones. The Mariah Carey Beauty Icon Collection with MAC will launch in 2016. “All I Want” is currently available for $17, online exclusively with MAC.
Once I received my lipstick and appreciated it for the nude sparkler it was, I got to thinking about my favorite Mariah Carey looks. I can’t begin to mimic her gorgeous hair but I can recreate my own version of her simple, elegant makeup looks! I watched a lot of videos, read articles, and scoured photos. She has a lot of nude looks, minimal looks, and light colors that she uses.
My absolute favorite makeup & hair combo are her looks in her “Honey” music video. I chose to recreate Agent M’s look from the beginning of the video. She has natural looking brows, a light champagne (not too shimmery) brow bone highlight, a brown crease that extends across the whole eye, a deeper champagne on the lid & dark brown eye liner on her upper lid only. There is no dramatic wing, no Instagram brow, no disco ball highlight, no triangle of white concealer under the eyes or any of our extra steps that are popular recently. She has on a deep peach blush & a nude lip. I tried my best to achieve something close with the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette & the ELF Naked Prism Palette. Of course I wore the lipstick! 🙂
To Get The Look:
- Eye Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Browbone (Upper 1/3 of eye:) I used Wet N Wild Creme Brulee, then ELF Prism Palette Shade #1–mild shimmery cream effect
- Crease: I blended together Password & Whiskey from the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette and blended well with a clean crease brush–matte medium cool toned brown
- Lid: I used High from the UD Smoky Palette, then Shade #2 from the ELF Naked Prism Palette–shimmery champagne/light gold
- Upper Eyeliner: To line the upper lid, I used ColourPop’s Creme Gel Liner in Stomper, covered with Whiskey from the UD Smoky Palette–dark brown
- Liner Under the Eye: I used a thicker liner brush to apply Shade #4 from the ELF Palette–bronze/gold
- Mascara: Catrice Waterproof Ultimate Lash Multimizer
- Cheeks: I only applied blush–ELF Blush (Tan Shade) from the Light Blush Palette & Milani Luminoso–deep peach effect
- Lips: I used the ColourPop Rayezor Lippie Pencil & MAC’s All I Want Lipstick–warm peachy nude with champagne frost
I know there are lots of other palettes that would work to recreate a nude glam “Mariah” look. I do not have them but the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons & the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette have outstanding nude, champagne/gold shades in them. The Mariah Carey lipstick launch makes me so happy–I’ve been listening to all of my favorite songs, watching old videos & smiling a lot. What new products are you excited about?