A few weeks back, I found several posts on Champagne treats: Moscato Cookies, Champagne Gummy Bears, Champagne Cakes & Cupcakes… I decided to make strawberry flavored cookies & pink candy bars, with a little Pink Moscato. I combined the elements of two helpful recipes for my cookies 1, 2. For the pink candy bars, I was on my own. I did a little research and decided on two brands of white candy melts, freeze dried strawberries, and moscato soaked bee pollen & ginger cookies.
The cookies were easy to make, have a light chewy, soft texture, and as long as I baked them on top of parchment paper, they turned out perfect. My silicone mat has never worked well for me but it was disastrous for the cookies. They stuck to the mat & tore apart. After that sheet of cookies, I used a baking sheet lined with parchment and never looked back.
The candy bars were extremely simple: Melt & color candy wafers in a double boiler, pour into a chocolate bar mold & add toppings. Of the two brands I used, I preferred the Ghiradelli White Melting Wafers over the Wilton Candy Melts. The candy melts stayed thicker, were harder to spread, and have a more artificial flavor. The melting wafers became very thin in consistency, poured easily, and taste like good white chocolate.
Strawberry Pink Moscato Cookies
– 2 eggs
– 1 stick (8 Tbsp) butter, softened
– 2-3 drops LorAnn Strawberry Flavor Oil
– 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
– 1/2 cup Pink Moscato
– 1 cup (chilled in the freezer) White Chocolate Chips
1. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, butter, and LorAnn strawberry oil. Next, slowly add in the boxed cake mix and the pink moscato. By hand, fold in the white chocolate chips.
2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
—-Preheat the Oven to 350 (F)—-
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to form the dough into balls. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart .
4. Bake 8-10 minutes.
5. Let cool before frosting
Pink Moscato Frosting:
– Chef Master Liquid Candy Color: Pink (optional)
– Decorative Accents: Edible Gold Flakes & Wilton Sprinkles (optional)
– UV Cake Flavored Vodkda & Lustre Dust in Pharaoh’s Gold (optional)
Combine the frosting, champagne, and powdered sugar. Add powdered sugar until the frosting is your desired consistency. Add less powdered sugar for a glaze consistency and more for a frosting. Thin frosting with a little extra moscato. Add the pink color 1-2 drops at a time until your desired color is achieved. A little goes a long way! *This made a TON of frosting! It could easily be cut in half.*
Decorate with sprinkles, edible pearls, or combine cake flavored vodka & lustre dust to draw on the cookies once the frosting sets!
Strawberries & Champagne Pink Candy Bar
– CK Products Break-Apart Bar Chocolate Mold ($4.87 from Amazon.com LLC through Amazon)
– Wilton White (Vanilla) Candy Melts OR Ghiradelli White Melting Wafers *I absolutely preferred the Ghiradelli! The wafers melted to a thinner, easier to use consistency and tasted like white chocolate*
– 1/8 tsp LorAnn Strawberry Oil
– Crushed Sunkist Freeze Dried Strawberries (fresh fruit stays too moist)
– Anna’s Ginger Cinnamon Thins: drizzled in pink moscato & allowed to dry completely (liquids will make the chocolate seize)
– Bee Pollen: drizzled in pink moscato & allowed to dry completely, then dusted with the Gold Lustre Dust
– Salted Pistachios, dusted with the Gold Lustre Dust
– Edible Gold Flakes ($5.99/1 oz. from City Chocolates through Amazon)
– Oasis Supply Lustre Dust in Pharaoh’s Gold ($5.29/2 g from Candy Molds N More through Amazon)
– Wilton Sprinkles: Pearlized Gold Mix $4.99/3.8 oz *Don’t waste your money on the yellow toned “gold flakes!*
– Melted Mango Butter : applied to the chocolate bar mold before pouring for shine (you can also use melted cocoa butter)
*Besides the melting wafers, all items are customizable to your tastes*
Lightly coat your mold with melted mango butter, for a glossy finish on the top. Over a double boiler, melt your wafers (add an inch or two of water to a small pot and place a metal bowl on top once the water is at a steady LOW boil.) Add 1-3 drops of the liquid candy color (1 for pastel pink.) Once the candy melt reaches a thin consistency, pour into your mold. Add any dried fruit, nuts, cereal or cookies of your choice and carefully tap the mold against your kitchen counter to remove air bubbles. Place in the fridge or freezer to harden. Bring back to room temp to break or cut.
These recipes take a little planning & time but they are worth it! The Pink Moscato Sugar Cookies & Strawberries and Champagne Candy Bars were so much fun to make! The candy bars are extremely rich, so if you are planning on sharing/gifting them, one row of five pieces will do the trick! Happy New Year and thank you for sharing my adventures with me!