Happy Star Wars Day! I can think of no better way to celebrate than with glitter. My newly ultra short nails are still recovering from a winter of gel nail overlay: so I need to cover the cruddy tips that are still growing out at all times! Glitter galaxy nails are easy, fun, and can be as abstract or precise as you desire. I shot some video applying the polish free hand and with a wedge makeup sponge. All you need is a base color, a sheer glitter polish, a couple of accent polishes and a top coat for gorgeous glitter galaxy nails!
What I used:
- Revlon Colorstay Base Coat
- Sally Hansen Triple Shine “Make Waves”
- Essie “Starry Starry Night”
- 2B Colours “Holographic Green”
- Maybelline Color Show “Gilded Rose”
- Urban Decay “Woodstock”
- OPI “Black Onyx”
- OPI “Alpine Snow”
- Seche Vite
How to create glitter galaxy nails:
- Prep your nails by removing any old polish and washing
- Apply a base coat & let dry
- Apply colored base coat (Make Waves or Starry Starry Night) & let dry
- Apply glitter base coat (Holographic Green)
- Paint on accent colors or apply with a wedge sponge (I cut off the top of my sponge & used the middle to dab on the polish.) For sponge application, dab an uneven dot onto a section of the sponge & then stamp the polish onto the nail. Overlap the colors & have fun with it!
- Apply top coat & let dry completely
Glitter galaxy nails are super easy & really cute when they are done. The accent polish dries pretty quickly when you are applying such a small amount (whether you free hand paint or use a sponge.) I like to apply my top coat right after finishing because it tends to meld the colors together even more–depending on how long you let the accent shades dry. If you are in a nail rut & are looking to try something new–give glitter galaxy nails a try!