I have made 4-5 different homemade deodorant batches. Each time I’ve done a little something different. I enjoyed my last batch but I was looking for something a little more firm for the summertime. The easiest way to achieve this is to incorporate some beeswax; but not too much or you will have rock deodorant. Summertime deodorant is basic & easy!
This time I used:
- 1/3 oz Shea Butter
- 3/4 oz Beeswax (I would recommend using less if you do not want an ultra firm stick)
- 1/2 oz Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 oz Arrowroot Powder (you can also use Cornstarch)
- 1/2 oz Rosemary Powder (OPTIONAL)
- 10-20 drops essential oil–I used Tea Tree Oil
- Over a double boiler on your stove top melt the Beeswax first (it takes the longest) then add the Shea Butter & Coconut Oil.
- Add in the powders and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat & add in the essential oil.
- Pour into empty, clean containers.
- Place containers into the fridge to solidify the deodorant but remove and bring to room temperature to use.
***This recipe made 1 1/2 sticks of deodorant.