Today I found myself crunched for time when I needed to prepare lunch. My significant other loves his sweet potatoes–so I threw together easy sweet potato packets in no time! All I needed was two medium sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced or diced,) half of a medium onion (chopped finely,) chopped bell pepper, three peeled cloves of garlic, a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic powder, salt & pepper.
Sweet Potato Packets
Ingredients (Per Packet):
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & chopped or sliced
- 1/4 of 1 onion, chopped
- 1/8-1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- Peel the sweet potato, chop into small(er) pieces, and lay out a large rectangle of aluminum foil.
- Chop the onion & pepper and peel the garlic.
- Assemble the potatoes, onions, peppers, and garlic in the center of the aluminum foil piece.
- Drizzle about a Tbsp of EVOO on top of the veggies and sprinkle on the spices.
- Fold the top and bottom of the foil over the ingredients; then tuck in the left & right sides of the foil.
- Place the folded up packets on a baking sheet in the 350 (F) degree oven for 45 minutes.
These packets are really tasty! The veggies caramelize nicely and take in the spices. This basic potato recipe has saved me many times. It is great as a side dish or a small meal!